When we use gear pumps, we occasionally encounter some failures. For example, the gear pump of the drilling rig will generate abnormal heat when it is used for a long time. So what is the reason? What is the method of elimination? Let's find out together!
Reasons for abnormal heating of drilling rig gear pump
- Improper selection of gear pump clearance causes overheating of sliding parts;
- The assembly quality is too poor, the coaxiality of the rotating part cannot meet the technical requirements, and the operation is not smooth;
- The pump bearing is of poor quality, broken during assembly, or not cleaned during installation, resulting in poor operation;
- The quality of the oil used is too poor;
- The diameter of the oil suction pipe is too small, and the oil suction resistance is large;
- The external heat source is high and the heat dissipation condition is not good.
Troubleshooting method for abnormal heating of drilling rig gear pump
- Disassemble and clean, re-measure the gap of the pump, and re-install it to the specified gap;
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble to meet technical requirements;
- Disassemble the pump for inspection, replace the damaged bearing, and reassemble it;
- Select oil or change oil according to the requirements of the pump;
- Thicken the pipe diameter, reduce the elbow, and reduce the oil absorption resistance;
- Eliminate external influences and increase thermal insulation measures.
As a professional hydraulic pump supplier, Daye specializes in tractor pumps, hydraulic pumps, gear pumps, and transmission gears. If you have any needs, please contact us!